6 weeks!!!



April 22, 2009

The first doctor's appointment. We had to wait 2 weeks after finding out I was pregnant to see the doctor. What a long 2 weeks that was. At this point we had no idea how fall along I was. Ben went with for the first appointment. I must admit that he looked extremely uncomfortable sitting in the exam room waiting to see the doctor. I think he was traumatized by the stir-ups. Finally..... the doctor. He had the biggest smile on his face, congratulated us, and gave us both a very big hug. What an amazing doctor, couldn't ask for better. He attempted to doppler a heartbeat but was unsuccessful. He explained it was very difficult to hear a heartbeat early in the pregnancy and that I needed an ultrasound to tell how far along I was. Now the fun part, seeing the baby for the first time! What an amazing experience that was. The ultrasound measured the length of the baby and dated me at 6 weeks and 3 days, putting my due date December 13th! Seems like forever but will probably sneak up on us and we will be wondering where the time went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Proud Parents

My photo
eager to meet our little one in December